The Measurement and Control group of the Institute of Process Engineering is part of the Faculty III: School of Process Sciences and Engineering of the Berlin University of Technology (TUB).
Our missions are ...
- ... development and experimental validation of methods for supervision, control, and rapid synthesis of biotechnological processes for a further optimization of these systems.
- ...automatic modelling of chemical and biochemical reaction systems as a mean to promote model-based approaches of control engineering.
- ... robust, adaptive, or nonlinear control of complex turbulent shear flows to reduce noise and drag, increase lift, or control mixing.
- ... low-dimensional modelling of shear flows as a basis for a synthesis of nonlinear controllers
- 2 fermenters type B. Braun Biostat C-15 with data aquisition, model-based closed-loop control and internet based visualization alerting and remote control
- microbiological analysis (safety work bench, incubators, laboratory microscope etc.)
- chemical analysis (HPLC, analysis of exhaust gases, FIA etc.
- 2L fermenter (Sartorius Biostat B plus) with digital control unit
- laminar flow bench, CO2-incubator, cooling tabletop centrifuge, liqid nitrogen tank
Fluid mechanics lab
- 1 wind tunnel with measuring technique (facility of ISTA)
- several digital signal processors: dSpace 1103/1005 controller boards with Simulink real-time interface (RTI)
- various mechanical and chemical experiments including PC-supported data acquisition and control
- PCs of all performance classes
- several SUN workstations
- various peripheral devices
Electronic and fine-mechanical workshop